Monday, February 02, 2015

Hello February, Reading, and the Superbowl


I had a great weekend! How was yours? :-)

The usual chores of cleaning and food shopping happened, but I also spent some time reading. I've loved books since I was a child, so the relationship is a long one. I've always been a reader. While I was attending university and finishing my degree a couple of year ago, I got away from reading for pure pleasure. I read A LOT of books as you can imagine during those years, but it was a different kind of reading for me. I mean, I enjoyed it, but I found that it all percolated differently in my brain when I was reading in pursuit of a grade. I don't know. Lol.

Anyway, now that I can read what I want when I want, I'm rediscovering my true love of reading. So this weekend I read a bit of this and a bit of that. I've always heard authors say that their best advice is to read and write on a regular basis in order to get in the right frame of mind. Therefore, I've been doing that since I've been working on my novel. I must admit that it's helping the words flow freer so that's good :-)

Also, on Sunday, I took a break from the reading to watch the Superbowl. It was on late here because of the time difference, but I watched as much as I could before I fell asleep. It was fun to be involved in a collective experience like that. I'm a newer football fan. I've watched sporadically throughout my life, but I've only really been watching as a fan for about three years. I'm still learning, but it's fun to watch.

I hope that you had a great weekend and that you have a great new week! Happy February!

No comments: