Friday, February 06, 2015

A Friday Photo and Stone Circles


Today's Friday photo is another one from the archives. I took this picture in April 2013. As you can see, the trees hadn't started sprouting out with their new leaves yet, but they were on their way. I love the little stream there along the path. This is out near Avebury, in one of the many fields there. If you're ever in Wiltshire, England you should definitely visit Avebury and the surrounding area. It has its own stones like Stonehenge, but in Avebury they are more spread out. There's one section of the stones that to me looks like a landing strip of some kind. Hmm.

Here's another tidbit, Wiltshire has had its share of crop circles over the years, so....I'm just sayin' (cue the Twilight Zone music)  ;-)  Seriously though, it's a very interesting area in Wiltshire and I highly recommend it if you're ever visiting. It's a fantastic place. By the way, the location of this photo isn't where the stones are, but it's very close by.

I love being out in nature, so whenever I get the chance to walk around this area or in some of the beautiful forests, it always feels like home :-) I mean that figuratively and truthfully. I come from a lovely place back in Georgia, so when I'm out in nature I feel connected to the natural world all over our planet.

I hope that you enjoyed looking at my photo. Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend! :-)

Until next time...

No comments: