Friday, August 08, 2014

Bookish Weekends

It's going to be a rather bookish weekend about here this weekend. I have a few plans, but as we all know it's hard to get to everything and that's okay...because it's the weekend and weekends are to be enjoyed however we want. So even though I have a list in my head, I may veer off and I'm cool with that :-)

I'm hopefully going to finish reading this book below, The Cuckoo's Calling.


I've been reading it for a while but as I said in this post my mind wanders and I stop and start sometimes. That's just how I am ;-)  But I'm nearing the end of the 500-ish page book and it's been interesting. As I mentioned before, I'll share my thoughts on it once I've finished so watch this space.



Also, I'm going to start reading through a book on home decorating called House Proud that was sent to me yesterday for review. It's a beautiful book and features some gorgeous Louisiana homes. I'll be sharing my thoughts on it in the near future also. I LOVE books that show how people live so this should be intriguing.


And finally, I'm going to put some work into my book that I'm writing. As I mentioned in this post, I'm writing my first book and I'm so excited. It's been on the backburner for a while, but now it's right up front in my day to day thoughts. It's interesting to look back at parts of it that I've written a few years ago. I can sort of chart what was happening in my life when I wrote certain bits by looking at my handwritten notes, because I'm a person who is always writing in the margins about everything...shopping lists, things I want to remember, you name it. Lol. I'm a note-taking, list-making person so I guess that I leave an autobiographical trail of my life in my various notes. So alongside the writing of this book, I'm getting a look at myself as a human being. I love that.

Well, I guess that's all for today. I'll definitely be sharing more about my writing because I am finding it so freeing as I mentioned in my other post :-)

What are your plans for the weekend? Whatever you do I hope that you have fun!

Until next time...

No comments: