Friday, July 11, 2014

Pictures From My Week

Today I'd like to share a couple of photos that I took this week. They're just random shots that I took on my phone but they have been a good part of my week. 

This is what I saw yesterday morning...a beautiful blue sky and some lovely slowly fading roses. The blue sky is always welcome and it reminds me that summer is finally here in this corner of England. Yay! As for the roses, I've taken pictures of them many times over the years and every year they seem to be a little different. I guess that they are in actuality because each rose is unique and the roses aren't reincarnated ;-) They smell wonderful and they remind me of back home. We had white, deep pink (almost red) and light pink roses in our front yard. The smell of roses always takes me back to being a little girl in our front yard in the summertime :-)


The picture below shows what I'm currently reading. It's The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith, aka J K Rowling under another name. It's about 550 pages long and I'm roughly 200 pages in. I like it and I'm not usually a crime fiction reader. I don't know when I'll finish since I'm a preoccupied reader sometimes. Lol. I love reading very much, but I can get distracted sometimes. Once I finish though, I'll write up my thoughts on the book and share them here.


So there you have it...a look into my week.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend. Have fun! :-)

4 comments:

Stacie Raye said...

Love that pic of the beautiful blue sky. Very pretty!

Dori said...

Stacie,
I'm so glad you like it! It was a beautiful day :)

Mike Golch said...

great photo. sorry that I have not been commenting as much as I should.

Dori said...

Mike,
So glad that you liked the photo! No worries about commenting. I'm very behind on my commenting. I appreciate you visiting me my friend :)